Every once and a while I am lucky enough to discover a good horror movie that I find entertaining. Very rarely am I able to find this horror movie, The Dead Next Door that can crack my all-time favorites list (I got some real heavyweights on there). But a few months ago I was able to accomplish both, not only did I find a good horror movie, but I had a new addition to my all-time favorites list. “The Dead Next Door” is truly a horror gem directed by independent filmmaker J.R. Bookwalter. If you are into zombies “The Dead Next Door” will keep your graveyard busy. Here in this article, we will introduce the details of The Dead Next Door Full Movie.
The Dead Next Door Story
Fangoria called it “The A-Team vs. the Zombies”. A scientist has developed the ultimate virus, one that reanimates the dead and drives them on an undying quest for human flesh. Zombie among humans, living in peace… I don’t think so. But there is a cool scene of human protestors (those fighting for Zombie Rights) being attacked by the zombies. The government is forced to organize a crack team of soldiers called “The Zombie Squad” charged with seeking out a cure for the virus and eliminating all the undead. The team is sent out on a mission into Akron, Ohio, where the virus originated, in search of the lost notes of the doctor who created it.
On their mission, the squad not only encounters zombies, but also a religious cult bent on preparing this world for its inevitable takeover by the undead. In the words of Reverend Jones, the leader of the cult, “We are protecting our dead from you people! If it is God’s wish to destroy us with our own kind, then so be it!” Dr. Moulsson and his assistant Franklin, along with the squad, think they have come up with a cure for this deadly virus, or have they??
Thereee are a lot of neat twists and turns along the way, a good amount of gore, and an ending that will surprise you. Will the squad be successful on their mission? does the anecdote work, or are we doomed to be annihilated by our undead friends? I won’t say. Pick up a copy of “The Dead Next Door” or else you may be the main course.
The Dead Next Door Frightful Facts
- Sam Raimi served as executive producer and was credited in the film as “The Master Cylinder”. This was mainly due to the fact that he was trying to finance ED 2 while sinking his own money into this film.
- This J.R. Bookwalter’s first full feature film.
- Bruce Campbell‘s voice can be heard dubbed for the characters Raimi and Commander Carpenter. I knew right away that those voices were familiar.
- Probably the most expensive film ever shot on Super-8mm.
- Scott Spiegel, co-writer of Evil Dead 2, played the part of Richards.
- I own the copy of Evil Dead that is used in the video store and the rec. room scenes. I bought it from J.R. awhile ago.
- Everyone who worked on this film worked for “free”.
- Sam Raimi used his pay from “Evil Dead 2” to fund this film.
- Thereee is the talk of a sequel: “Dead Next Door: Dead Future”.
- “The Dead Next Door” just celebrated its’ twentieth anniversary
The Dead Next Door Merchandise
- Buy the Dead Next Door DVD at Amazon.com
The Dead Next Door Fanspeak
Name: Stephen Plissken
RE: The Dead Next Door
I thought the Dead Next Door was fuckin awesome. It hits the mark as a great zombie film. I made my girlfriend watch it and she was amazed at how good it was. She hates my zombie obsession . I hope J.R. Bookwalter makes a sequel to his zombie masterpiece.
RE: The dead next door.
I am going to tell you when I bought THE DEAD NEXT DOOR a year ago. It was lovely. It was sunny day in a swedeish town called Gutenburg. I was on my way to film store Melody Line hois the best film store I ever visit. They have over 7000 home video titles, its paradise. ANY time a visit I m being crazy. At the time I Had never seen THE DEAD NEXT DOOR and I hade have it in my mine to buy it for a long time. It cast 25 in dollars and its worth every penny. When I first had the film it was like a dream and when a put it in my loved video and to hear the voice of Bruce Campbell dubbed and seen all lovly violence and gore it most be magic. THE DEAD NEXT DOOR RULES FOR EVER!….